Yes, I'm still alive ;-)
Hello people, the new items here from time to time.
Here comes my first message from the remote Benin. Is this somehow the first time I have more than five minutes at a time access to internet connection. Wait, no, not right ... In Cotonou, I was actually half an hour in the Internet Cafe, aer the connection was so bad that I did not manage in my time to check our mails: D
Well yes, but always after the other ...
Twelve days ago we arrived in Cotonou, at about eight time (we are an hour earlier than her). The first impression: "Wow that's sultry here!" Temperature about 25 ° C, humidity 85-90%. The skin clean. Then amFlughafen first time chaos ... fill in between hundreds of other people only times the entry certificate, then collect his luggage from the belt (because you need to elbow) and then somehow tell the tax collectors that this is my guitar and I'm not willing to pay for customs. Well, all went well, we have even picked up and the first time in the guesthouse of the DED in Cotonou down, where we first have spent a week.
We are in this case, I and seven other weltwärts volunteers also spend a year in Benin. All very nice people by the way, what's come in handy as I will now see probably more often ;-)
had in Cotonou, we our preparation seminar in the country, where we've become familiar with various characteristics of the country, we've met our tutors and then on Friday also been the first contact with our partner organizations.
The weekend we had free, we have directly used extensively. On Saturday we were on the Dantokpa market, which is the largest market in West Africa (my roommate he estimates about the size of the Frankfurt Inner city and I think he is not totally wrong ;-)) Luckily we had a local guide who has been known to ... Whoever goes in there alone, probably comes out next year, not more. Consequently, it is
in that market into everything from streets which only have a huge cosmetics market hall filled with materials to shoes or used clothes, but then again grilled fish, vegetables or whatever else. A huge street which is none other than a moped spare parts sold, then the "hi-department ... Well, just everything.
evening we were at the beach on a "Festival de reggae", which means here is that you chills on the beach, someone in a small beach bar Reggae establishes and about 40 people zukiffen: D I have it to stay clean then brought forward yet, but still funny wars. At night, we then slept for a development worker who lived nearby, because it is not advisable to drive at night or by the city home. The next morning we had breakfast then even with another aid worker and drove back to the guesthouse. Since then chill nor the rest of the day and evening, then pack, so you can leave the next day "on time" at 7:30 to Porto Novo ...
0 comments:
Post a Comment