... objectively considered a great invention. One could even say that he has revolutionized the automotive industry, because without him would be the gasoline engine still not running smoothly. see also environmentally, the carburetor to offer, but it ensures that the engine is no longer pure but a mixture of gasoline and air out of that burning, which reduces the Fuel consumption of the motor.
the worse when he's broken.
This beautiful Mercedes (I suspect a slightly older E 300), it had me go in the past but very pleased, whereupon I contacted the retailer's logical. The requested price of 1.2 million francs seemed not too high, above all Things because he is definitely still under the famous 1-million mark could push.
ideal conditions, one might think. All other tests which I had bestowed the vehicle - note the checklist two posts below - it was non-actionable and easily endure. I started to look at me, how many people can say the same to have bought the first car to a Mercedes E-Class? Then it
went out to start the engine. Petrol poured, battery installed, started. Sorry, no more than tired of coughing starter. Well, we think of a car that's been long since can ever cause problems, so a second Nix times. A mechanic called in (so far one of the few capable people I met here) recognizes the problem: the carburetor is clogged with bad, unfiltered fuel and should be cleaned.
As I said, so done, the device is thus expanded, taken apart and cleaned. Even for me, not at all interesting, because if you can make something like themselves in the future, you have already saved precious money. Also, I had never seen the inside of a carburetor.
Well, on with the text: the thing is re-fitted together and the next launch attempt.
The carburetor may well now be cleaned, but unfortunately he is not tight, because on the front of drooling out of gas. Quite a lot of fuel, which prevents effective again a start of the machine. Sure ... If the stock does not arrive where it is needed ...
The mechanic starts to tinker with. An original seal kit for the carburetor of the Mercedes on Ebay costs € 50. So here he would be prohibitive, first and second, out of print.
me the case is too stupid to have to work so at some point too, and anyway I've already captured a huge sunburn on his neck. The dealer agreed that he calls me, when everything is ready and working.
This morning the call came, so I came to the lunch break. Full of expectation and hope - yes, I like the car stop! Said carburetor was a piece of cardboard and some scharz, sticky stuff sealed. So far so good, you think to the spare parts is expensive and rare, when running, they should stop ...
It does not work. It is not easy. Although the carburetor is now intact, the engine is running but is still not around, comes back out of black and white smoke could say the same rock and a hard one ... Moreover, the idle speed set at such a low that the engine stops permanently. I have the dealer said that he should stop tinkering and sink the time and energy into it rather should look to me what's what.
also why the nice car because I do not even more want to expose torture of disabled people. One mechanic was, as already said, good. The rest of the people that are jumping around there - you'll forgive the expression - idiots. Even with me has already arrived, that it is a bad idea to unscrew the cold water inlet when the engine before it a quarter of an hour has passed. Instead, astonished faces that the hot water sprayed out above. Heroes. Also, the fact that when you start the engine, the gas pedal to the stop passes, mind you when you start, not after, makes me mad! Since I was eight, I know that you do not connect to the gas pedal when the engine is not running ... Told me my father. Is manure containing the freshly cleaned carb with so much fuel to flood that swells up and then out again - the engine starts so no more - in the carburetor again becomes rancid, whereupon the poor mechanic can clean it again. Beautiful vicious circle ...
Well, the goat is dead to me anyway, it was so beautiful and externally, it would include the inner values. I'm curious what the dealer has not so for me. What is clear is: The next time I turn the ignition key. No one else.
0 comments:
Post a Comment